Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lemons and Lemonade


Parker has been wanting to have a lemonade stand for a very long time. Why have I been putting this off for what has probably been more than a year? Maybe the mess, maybe my child peddling from the street corner, maybe the disappointment when no one stops (especially considering that we have had very little traffic in the last 2 places we have lived). I'm not sure, but today was the day I finally gave in. I agreed to let him do it only if it would be free, instead of the $3.00 per cup that he proposed. Watching his enthusiasm, his patience between customers, his careful preparation in setting it all up, gave me the sweetest feeling. It was truly a moment to cherish. Lesson: Sometimes the things we want to do the least are the things we need the most.


A little for you.....


A little for me.


3 comments:

  1. That's adorable! I'm so glad you joined the blog mob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ps... do you think pate looks like Same a little in that first pic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the site! Keep up the good work!!!! The boys have gotten so big, can't wait to see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete